[NCUC E-team] Website revisions by Constituency Day?

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Wed Apr 3 12:29:18 CEST 2013

On Apr 03 16:46, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:

> > How bad is the bandwidth situation in Beijing?
>
> In the hotel? Not to slow, can't say about secure. Probably I'm
> getting infested with spyware as we speak, but I ultimately decided
> I needed my computer here and not just my iPad so voila. And VPN,
> websites blocked.

Which VPN are you using? Do you know if anybody has theirs working?
(I've heard conflicting reports, openvpn at least seems to be blocked,
others, maybe not.)

> I've seen references to a new site and Wordpress but have no idea
> what you guys are talking about. Is there a link?

The WP site still in the stage of experimenting with
various themes and probably not worth looking at yet,
but if you're curious: http://new.ncuc.org

There's also some non-WP stuff in the new server:
the mailing lists (lists.ncuc.org),
etherpad (pad.ncuc.org),
the (rather raw) member data (http://ncuc1.ncuc.org/members)
as well as some admin tools not intended to be public
(notably phppgadmin).

> > http://ncuc1.ncuc.org/members/
>
> Ok so this is the best current guess.

Yes. About half of those replied to the confirmation request,
a couple emails bounced, of the rest we don't know if they failed
to notice the message or were happy with their data.

> Would be nice to make displayable

Wilson & Brenden, feel free to wrap those in something pretty
if you have spare time at some point. :-)

[teams]
> > As a starting point, how about just a link to the mailing list?
> > Participants can be found there as well (although only as email
> > addresses rather than names, ugly).
>
> That's what we have now.

Actually we have real names in mailman, too, they're just
not displayed on that page... but, dumping them without
any prettyfication is easy enough:

http://ncuc1.ncuc.org/members/teams.html