[Bylaws] Process Re-visioning

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Thu Aug 20 13:04:59 CEST 2015

Hi,

I’m fine proceeding in any way this team sees fit. I will say though, that I liked Arun’s approach and timeline. It would at least create some momentum to build upon. My hope was that folks with opinions or input on any of the four topics listed by Arun (or even unidentified ones) would have been more likely to comment on an actively progressing project, rather than an attempt that’s been lying around for a couple of years.

I’ve always thought of the bylaws review as an iterative project anyway. Work through one chunk at a time, stop and rework previous sections as appropriate/necessary. Kind of comparing it to participatory design of information systems, where increasing the number of participants will increase the level of complexity, as well as the need for further work.

But we need to start somewhere. This small team seemed like the logical place to get things going.

Like I said, though…, I’m fine with whatever folks here would like to do. As long as the work doesn’t stop…, again.

Thanks.

Amr