[Bylaws] Bylaws revision - working method

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Fri Aug 14 14:08:12 CEST 2015

Hi,

Sounds good to me. By the beginning of the second week of October (the one in which it is unlikely we will get anything done), I hope we have some sort of workable draft. It might be a good time to share it at that point on the NCUC members list in preparation for discussing it on CD.

I am curious though…, beyond ICANN 54, is there a deadline in mind by which we need to complete our work? I ask because the way I see it, it may be desirable to do more with the bylaws than just make them consistent with the NCSG charter. There are sections of it that may warrant extensive discussion. One example that comes to mind is the NCUC policy committee — its structure, duties, role of chairs, and so on. There may be other issues as well, but I recall the policy committee as being one of the ones I believed needed more work. Eventually, all of this will have to be circulated to the members list with sufficient time for review/input.

I’m not sure this can all be done in time for the members to vote on adopting a final draft by the next NCUC elections. I don’t mind working towards a slightly later deadline, but don’t know how manageable the logistics of prepping the NCUC members for a vote is. I think it is worth going through he trouble of getting it done for something this important, and am glad that we are going to take this up again.

Anyway…, just some thoughts to get the discussion going.

Thanks.

Amr