[NCUC-EC] [TIME SENSITIVE] Fwd: WS2 Mapping Inventory and Next Steps for the NCUC

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 11:15:46 CEST 2021

Dear all,

Please have a look at what's below and give me your
thoughts/opinions/suggestions

We'd need to provide our reply by Sunday 3rd 2359 (got an extension) so I
would kindly ask you to have a look at this and provide your
suggestions/ideas in this thread by *Friday 1 Oct 2359*

thank you,

***

·         *6.1.3: SO/AC/Groups should document their procedures for
non-members to challenge decisions regarding their eligibility to become a
member.*

o    Could be implemented in coordination with NCSG. NCSG handles
membership requests at the SG level and SG membership is required for C
membership. Existing procedures concern only existing members (Operating
Procedures, IX). Would require an Operating Procedures amendment.

·         *6.1.4: SO/AC/Groups should document unwritten procedures and
customs that have been developed in the course of practice, and make them
part of their procedural operation documents, charters, and/or bylaws*

o    Could be implemented

·         *6.1.5: Each year, SO/AC/Groups should publish a brief report on
what they have done during the prior year to improve accountability,
transparency, and participation, describe where they might have fallen
short, and any plans for future improvements*

o    Could be implemented. Formalizing such reporting as part of the task
of the executive committee would require a Bylaws amendment.

·         *6.2.4: Meetings and calls of SO/AC/Groups should normally be
open to public observation. When a meeting is determined to be
members-only, that should be explained publicly, giving specific reasons
for holding a closed meeting…*

o    Uncertain as to what kind of action is contemplated (“public
explanation and reasons”)

·         *6.4.2: Each SO/AC/Group should maintain a publicly accessible
website/wiki page to advertise their outreach events and opportunities.*

o    Outreach is handled on a case-by-case basis and given the
characteristics of our membership and executive committee we do not believe
it is warranted for us to create a standing outreach committee. Outreach
activities are already generally governed by Operating Procedures, VI.

·         *6.5.1: Each SO/AC/Group should review its policies and
procedures at regular intervals and make changes to operational procedures
and charter as indicated by the review.*

o    Implemented (Bylaws, IV.G.2)

·         *6.5.2: Members of SO/AC/Groups should be involved in reviews of
policies and procedures and should approve any revisions.*

o    Implemented (Operating Procedures, XV)

·         *6.5.3: Internal reviews of SO/AC/Group policies and procedures
should not be prolonged for more than one year, and temporary measures
should be considered if the review extends longer.*

o    Could be implemented, to the extent of the maximum period and
temporary measures. Would require an Operating Procedures amendment.