[NCUC-EC] NCUC Open Meeting at ICANN 70

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 12:13:05 CET 2021

Dear all,

A quick update: we'll be discussing TIG for longer during our meeting as we
will not have the CCWG-HR (they will give their update during the NCSG
call)

On that discussion point, I will start by giving a brief explanation of
what TIG is, how it came about, and then I will open the floor for a
discussion on engagement strategies.

Background reading on TIG (two CircleID posts from Mark Datysgeld; you may
want to read Wolfgang Kleinwächter's comment on the first article)

https://www.circleid.com/posts/20200902-is-there-such-a-thing-as-technical-internet-governance/

https://www.circleid.com/posts/20201110-icann-doubles-down-on-technical-internet-governance-label/

And here the IGF 2020 Open Forum about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApPdMGcNFr8

Second, as for the regional updates, I propose the following order: AF, AP,
EU, LAC, NA.

Thank you and see you in zoom rooms on Monday :)

Raphael

P.S. Don't forget to register etc etc