[NCUC-DISCUSS] ICANN57 High Interest Topics due by 18 August

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 15:59:41 CEST 2016

Hi Ayden,

in fact it is unclear: since Helsinki meeting and with new meeting format,
the planning and meeting request process is different than it was
previously. I also highlights that SO/AC leaders are involved in the
process e.g. GNSO chair and vice-chairs. we didn't have enough visibility
for Helsinki and hope that things would be more smooth for Hydrabad.

we usually go via GNSO secretariat or our admin support for meeting
requests for NCUC sessions. I already tasked Maryam to liaise with ICANN
meeting team to get more details about the process and meeting skeleton.

back to high interest topics, previously ICANN staff asked SO/AC,
stakeholder group and constituency  chairs inputs in consultation with
their own groups. I guess we can for NCUC in coordination with NCSG discuss
some cross-community topics we would like to riase. then Maryam or myself
on behalf of NCUC can submit the proposal(s) .

as you can see , we have to develop a proposal with some info and not just
agreeing on the topic or title.

on other hand, we will start a consultation soon in NCUC list about NCUC
sessions agenda topics, stay tuned.

Best,

Rafik