[ncdnhc-discuss] ITU on ICANN

James Love james.love at cptech.org
Tue Apr 16 01:15:41 CEST 2002

Dave, I have created literally dozens of non-profit organizations over
the past 30 years.  I doubt in anyone on this list has created as many
non-profit organizations as I have.   In my opinion, there is nothing in
the ICANN article of incorporation that would satisfy anyone on the
topic of a boundary statement with regard to what ICANN can do, or limit
ICANN in any meaningful way.  Sure one can use the ICANN articles of
incorporation in some limited ways, but does it restain ICANN from
mission creep?  No, it does not.   The fact that you consider this
relevant shows how little you know or care about this.     What the ITU
is talking about is something quite a bit different, it seems to me.  It
is also something that the US Department of Commerce, under Clinton, did
not address in a meaningful way.   We are meeting with the DOC under
Bush, tomorrow, to discuss this very topic.

   Jamie