[NCUC Inreach] InReach meeting this Saturday at 20:00 UTC

Edward Morris edward.morris at alumni.usc.edu
Thu Mar 28 03:16:02 CET 2013

Hello everybody,

I'm pleased to announce that we will be holding our first NCUC InReach
Meeting this Saturday March 30th at 20:00 UTC. You can find the time in
your time zone by going here:
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx.

For this initial meeting we'll be using Skype as our medium of
communication. I am currently connected with Amr, Bill and Olga on Skype.
If everyone else could submit a contact request to me at 'ejmorris' as soon
as convenient I'll be sure to accept and add you to the conversation a few
minutes before it's scheduled start.

I regret that we were unable to schedule this meeting for a time everyone
could attend. I really want to have input from everyone at this stage of
group development. I've constructed another Doodle with expanded time
opportunities for the coming week. If those *unable to* *attend* our
scheduled Saturday meeting could go to:
http://doodle.com/83gzdp6r7hx3tis5 and indicate their availability
I'll schedule a second meeting to get
their input,  provided at least two members can meet with me at the same
time. Otherwise I'll contact those unable to attend and try to arrange
something on a one on one basis. I'll produce a written summary of all
sessions prior to our Beijing gathering.

As this is our first meeting I'd like to keep things as flexible as
possible. InReach can mean many things. My principle goal for this meeting
is to define what we mean by InRreach, what we hope to accomplish in the
nine months remaining in this year and how we expect to accomplish these
goals. I have some ideas I'll present at the outset and then let the group
dictate the direction of the conversation. My hope is we conclude the
meeting with some concrete ideas as to where we'd like to go with our
InReach program. I'll present our ideas to the Community in Beijing,
incorporate feedback, and then hope we can meet in more structured form the
week of April 22nd to begin to implement our action plan.

Some of the issues you might want to think about prior to the meeting are:

New members: How to integrate new members into our Community, make them
feel comfortable and help them to contribute their skills to our group.

Existing members: How to motivate our existing membership to take ownership
and be more active in NCUC affairs.

InReach methods: Membership management, means of diagnosing problems of
inactivity.

Outreach needs: materials, resources, cooperative ventures

I'll start the conversation with a summary of recent accomplishments at the
NCUC e-platform level that positively position InReach and will detail a
few initiatives that have already been started, both by this Executive
Committee and it's predecessor.

I look forward to meeting with everyone on Saturday.

Kind Regards,

Edward Morris
Coordinator
NCUC InReach Committee