[Pt53] Invitation Materials

Marília Maciel mariliafgv at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 16:46:50 CEST 2015

Hi Bill and all,

I agree that we should identify more names and add them to the file.
However, some of the people listed are contact hubs in the region and can
help us spread the word within networks as well. Another point is that
there is a strong CS LAC presence in ALAC. Are we willing to reach out to
ALAC members too?

With regards to the content of the invitation, I believe that the first
paragraph would be devoted to explaining why the current discussions in
ICANN matter from a CS standpoint. (re. ICANN It is not only technical
administration of names and numbers, there implications with rights,
development, bla, bla).

I offer help with the translation into portuguese when the text is ready.

Best,
Marília

*Marília Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora
Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade - FGV Direito Rio

Researcher and Coordinator
Center for Technology & Society - FGV Law School
http://direitorio.fgv.br/cts

DiploFoundation associate
www.diplomacy.edu