[Ncuc-eur] Update from you NCUC EC Representative

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Sat Jul 30 15:12:19 CEST 2016

Yes extremely useful and thank you for being such an active rep, its fantastic to see.

From: Ncuc-eur <ncuc-eur-bounces at lists.ncuc.org<mailto:ncuc-eur-bounces at lists.ncuc.org>> on behalf of William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com<mailto:wjdrake at gmail.com>>
Date: Saturday 30 July 2016 at 05:46
To: farzaneh badii <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com<mailto:farzaneh.badii at gmail.com>>
Cc: "ncuc-eur at lists.ncuc.org<mailto:ncuc-eur at lists.ncuc.org>" <ncuc-eur at lists.ncuc.org<mailto:ncuc-eur at lists.ncuc.org>>
Subject: Re: [Ncuc-eur] Update from you NCUC EC Representative

Hi

Thanks Farzi, very helpful updates.

Bill

On Jul 30, 2016, at 12:33, farzaneh badii <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com<mailto:farzaneh.badii at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hello NCUC European Members,

Here is another update from your NCUC Executive Coordinator representative.

Policy related

We drafted a public comment which was approved at NCSG level for fellowship program.

At NCSG level there are other public comments being drafted by Matt Shears (our policy committee member) and others.

We have to draft more public comments, there is a drafting group at NCSG level. If you are interested in helping draft public comments, do let me know. Here is a list of public comments that are due.

You can find them here https://www.icann.org/public-comments#open-public

IGF

Both of our workshops got accepted to be held at IGF in Mexico.

Below are the titles and link to the description

The power of the noncommercial users on the Internet<http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/igf2016/index.php/proposal/view_public/91>

Reality of the Answerability of multistakeholder model<http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/igf2016/index.php/proposal/view_public/86>

As you already know, NCUC will receive  two travel support slots for IGF to be held in Mexico . We discussed this during our EC call last week. The travel slots will go to people who had a role in organising the workshop. We still don’t have a clear process on how we allocate the travel slots to people. Normally these will go to people who organise and speak at. For the future, we have to organize the workshops in a more collaborative way, this year it was too late.  ( I am not going to receive a travel slot to travel to IGF, I will update you on the decision about who will get them).

I invite you to make substantive suggestions to the workshops, especially the power of noncommercial stakeholder groups. Let us know your successes, what you have been able to change at ICANN or other Internet governance organisations and fora.

Outreach

For this year we have received two CROPP slots (remember the travel funds to do outreach for NCUC)  and funding to organise an event. One CROPP is gone to Aarti to do outreach for NCUC at APrIGF, the other is available  and we will make a call for proposals soon.

We have to come up with a plan for the event we want to hold. where, when, what to discuss, who to invite. So if you have ideas, let me know.

Civil Society day before IGF

 I am the NCSG representative for organizing civil society day before IGF. We are in the program committee. We will probably issue a call for proposals for sessions and talks on civil society day. If topics and ideas come to your mind regarding the format of the sessions, issues to talk about etc. let me know.

I asked EC if they could support the meeting financially and they agreed. We will support for 1000 USD.

Travelling to Hyderabad

We are going to announce travel support application for Hyderabad very soon.

Want to get engaged more?

If you want to get engaged more with NCUC work at ICANN and join various working groups, do let me know. I will be happy to help and put you in touch with people who can give you information.

I look forward to your feedbacks.

Your NCUC EC Representative

--
Farzaneh