[Ncuc-eur] Update from you NCUC EC Representative

Stefania Milan stefania.milan at utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 3 15:24:34 CEST 2016

I echoed what has been already said: well done, Farzi, very useful initiative!

Quoting James Gannon <james at cyberinvasion.net>:

> Yes extremely useful and thank you for being such an active rep, its
>  fantastic to see.
>
> From: Ncuc-eur
> <ncuc-eur-bounces at lists.ncuc.org<mailto:ncuc-eur-bounces at lists.ncuc.org>> on
>  behalf of William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com<mailto:wjdrake at gmail.com>>
> Date: Saturday 30 July 2016 at 05:46
> To: farzaneh badii
> <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com<mailto:farzaneh.badii at gmail.com>>
> Cc: "ncuc-eur at lists.ncuc.org<mailto:ncuc-eur at lists.ncuc.org>"
> <ncuc-eur at lists.ncuc.org<mailto:ncuc-eur at lists.ncuc.org>>
> Subject: Re: [Ncuc-eur] Update from you NCUC EC Representative
>
> Hi
>
> Thanks Farzi, very helpful updates.
>
> Bill
>
> On Jul 30, 2016, at 12:33, farzaneh badii
> <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com<mailto:farzaneh.badii at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

> Hello NCUC European Members,
>

> Here is another update from your NCUC Executive Coordinator representative.
>

> Policy related
>

> We drafted a public comment which was approved at NCSG level for
> fellowship program.
>
> At NCSG level there are other public comments being drafted by Matt
> Shears (our policy committee member) and others.
>
> We have to draft more public comments, there is a drafting group at
> NCSG level. If you are interested in helping draft public comments,
> do let me know. Here is a list of public comments that are due.
>
> You can find them here https://www.icann.org/public-comments#open-public
>
> IGF
>
> Both of our workshops got accepted to be held at IGF in Mexico.
>
> Below are the titles and link to the description
>
> The power of the noncommercial users on the
> Internet<http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/igf2016/index.php/proposal/view_public/91>
>
> Reality of the Answerability of multistakeholder
> model<http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/igf2016/index.php/proposal/view_public/86>
>
> As you already know, NCUC will receive  two travel support slots for
>  IGF to be held in Mexico . We discussed this during our EC call
> last  week. The travel slots will go to people who had a role in
> organising the workshop. We still don?t have a clear process on how
> we allocate the travel slots to people. Normally these will go to
> people who organise and speak at. For the future, we have to
> organize the workshops in a more collaborative way, this year it was
>  too late.  ( I am not going to receive a travel slot to travel to
> IGF, I will update you on the decision about who will get them).
>
> I invite you to make substantive suggestions to the workshops,
> especially the power of noncommercial stakeholder groups. Let us
> know your successes, what you have been able to change at ICANN or
> other Internet governance organisations and fora.
>

> Outreach
>
> For this year we have received two CROPP slots (remember the travel
> funds to do outreach for NCUC)  and funding to organise an event.
> [...]

----------------------
Stefania Milan, PhD
Citizen Lab || Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto ||
http://citizenlab.org ||
European University Institute || www.protestsurvey.eu/ ||
Center for Media and Communication Studies, Central European University ||
www.cmcs.ceu.hu ||
International Association for Media and Communication Research - International
Council member and ESN Co-Chair || www.iamcr.org ||
mobile: [36] 3064 - 70445 (Hungary)|| [+39] 333 - 2309945 (Italy)
http://stefaniamilan.net/