[NCUC-EC] NCUC Bylaw ambiguity on NCUC Chair Term limit

Pedro de Perdigão Lana pedrodeperdigaolana at gmail.com
Thu May 16 21:54:34 CEST 2024

Hi everyone,

Thanks Benjamin for seeing and proposing this change.

I'm with Ines and Ken here, but recognizing that Amin has a good point - I
think we should not restrict to current EC members, and following the same
pattern as the Stakeholder Group leads us to some temporal alignment, which
is especially important if other institutions within ICANN also follow the
same pattern.

I also agree we don't rush the process - although just implementing a term
limit would probably go through and could be proposed to this election, I
believe we should announce the change(s) we want to make (the healthy
divergence we are having here shows us that the specifics of this limit
also needs to be discussed with the NCUC as whole), and check with the
community if there are any others that could use the opportunity to also be
implemented. This would take at least a few months, so next year's election
seems a better option.

Cordially,

*Pedro de Perdigão Lana*
Lawyer <https://www.nic.br/>, GEDAI/UFPR <https://www.gedai.com.br/>
Researcher
PhD Candidate (UFPR), LLM in Business Law (UCoimbra)
Board Member @ CC Brasil <https://br.creativecommons.net/>, ISOC BR
<https://isoc.org.br/> and IODA <https://ioda.org.br/>
This message is restricted to the sender and recipient(s). If received by
mistake, please reply informing it.