[NCUC-EC] NCUC Bylaw ambiguity on NCUC Chair Term limit

Hfaiedh Ines hfaiedh.ines2 at gmail.com
Thu May 16 15:27:21 CEST 2024

Hello all

I totally agree with you Ken, either aligning with NCSG bylaws as to two
years term or aligning to the current NCUC ECs terms of three years which
makes more sense of continuity in administration.

Another very important note is that I believe the timing is not adequate to
make any changes now;
 First because it s already in the middle of the nomination and very soon
voting period. And  when elections are announced anywhere it means that all
rules and procedures are already set.
Second, because whether some of the current leadership members are revoted
or not, it is probably "legally" or "ethically" considered "outgoing", a
legal vetification on this would be beneficial to us.
Third and it is the most important point in my view, making bylaws
amendements or changes normally requires drafting, submission by the
constituences and then voting and agreement by the ICANN board (this is the
information I have and what I noticed with my experience of NCUC bylaws
some years ago under different leadrship and recently with NPOC bylaws
amendement).