[NCUC-EC] NCUC Bylaw ambiguity on NCUC Chair Term limit

Benjamin Akinmoyeje benakin at gmail.com
Thu May 16 12:51:04 CEST 2024

Dear Leaders,
Good day. I hope you are doing well.

There is an issue I would like to bring to your attention and the need to
address the gap.

Currently, there is no explicit declaration of the NCUC Chair limit, and
the issue has been opened to different interpretations.

To avoid future crises, I would like to ask that we amend the NCUC charter
to clearly state the term limit of the NCUC chair.

Below is the process required to achieve an amendment

IX. Changes to these Bylaws
A. Amendments may be proposed by the Executive Committee, by majority vote,
or by a
petition of five (5) percent of the then-current active members. Any
proposed amendment must
be placed on a ballot for voting by the membership during the next regular
election.
B. Bylaws amendments shall be passed if at least two-thirds of the votes
cast in the election
favor its adoption provided a quorum of 40% or more of the eligible
Individual and Organizational
Members cast a ballot in the election.

Please let me know what are your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Benjamin