[NCUC-EC] [Ext] Re: ICANN80 CROP Applications

Benjamin Akinmoyeje benakin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 01:33:57 CEST 2024

Dear All,
My choice would be the direction of Adedokun - even as we hope to raise
AFRINIC-related topics in our issue forum at ICANN 80, I have included
below extracts from his application that helped decide my choice.
Additionally, his afteractions look promising also coming from Academics
(we have limited African academics).

  *The ICANN80 is a policy meeting and my attendance with deepen my
understanding of the ICANN community policy making processes which will
further empower me to actively contribute to policy analysis, reviews and
discussions and participate in other activities like proposal and position
paper writeups. After ICANN79, I have learnt my voice to the draft NCSG
Comments on the Application Support Programme Handbook. I am also working
to provide a platform for the UASG to present a webinar to the Academic
community on Universal acceptance project in my region. Before now, I have
served on the Board of AFRINIC in the African region with active policy
contributions at several PDP meetings. During ICANN 80, *

*I intend to further engage with members of the NCSG to learn more areas of
relevance of my experience and learn other areas of possible involvement as
get more integrated into the ICANN community. *
*I also intend to expand collaborations with the UASG for more engagements
especially within the academia which as a lot to do as efforts on
integration into the tertiary curricular is ongoing. Beyond ICANN 80, *

*I am very committed to contribute significant time to understanding policy
discussions and actively contributing to them while I strengthen
collaborations   *

Kind regards,
Benjamin