[NCUC-EC] Hello Team Draft off

Benjamin Akinmoyeje benakin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 11:47:36 CET 2021

Dear Olga, Ken, Ines, Lia,
Good day and I hope this email finds you well.

I just want to ask for your feedback on the first mail I would like to
share with the members and also welcome you to the tenure of service.

Please, I would like to know your views and suggestions on the next steps.
Especially the best way to get engagement active on our mailing list and
our community.

Please look below at the draft of my supposed introduction email to the
community and let me know your thoughts before the  end of today. I do
appreciate your feedback.

*Hi NCUC members,*

*My name is Benjamin Akinmoyeje  and I am the new NCUC chair. I am writing
to formally introduce myself and share a bit of the aspirations for NCUC.As
the NCUC chair,  I will be responsible for increasing member engagement and
participation of our constituency at the ICANN multistakeholder space.I
hope to be the interface between members and the other sections of the
community.I will bring issues that need your contribution to your
attention.It is my expectation that we will participate more actively in
the policy development processes to maintain the stability of DNS as we
have always done.I hope to amplify our participation in ICANN activities
and discussion online more than before as virtual engagement has come to
stay.There is a dire demand for us to become more intentional about the use
of the available online tools, such as  NCUC website, twitter, facebook and
zoom platforms for our engagements.I am eager to work directly with members
with online influence to amplify discourse on the topics of interests to
our community. I am looking forward to working with the NCUC-EC, Brenda and
Andrea to serve the community.I can see the NCUC EC and ICANN support team
doing great work.It is obvious that volunteer fatigue and burnout are real,
and virtual ICANN has also dampened momentum, but we can not give up now, I
call on all members toendeavor to participate and contribute their little
portion, especially veterans and newbies alike.This is a learning
opportunity for me and I hope to grow in this capacity.I want to thank
Maryam once more for all her support to our community and welcome Andrea.
Also Thank Brenda for her continuous support.I also like to thank everyone
who voted in the last elections to select the new leadership. I look
forward to working with everyone for the advancement of NCUC.I’d like to
share some details about myself.I am currently conducting my PhD research
studies in Informatics at the Namibia University of Science and
Technology,I was the immediate NCUC-EC Africa representative.My career
experience has been in digital health in public health in Nigeria and some
parts of Africa while my ICANN experience started as recently as 2014. NCUC
has been my home since I stepped into ICANNFinally, I like to thank the
immediate Chair Raphael, for his selfless service to the community and his
support as well.Kind regards,Benjamin Akinmoyeje *