[NCUC-EC] Fwd: NCUC Webinar on civil society participation at ICANN

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 13:46:59 CET 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix <rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 1:46 PM
Subject: NCUC Webinar on civil society participation at ICANN
To: Raoul Plommer <plommer at gmail.com>

Hi Raoul,

You will find below the plan for the NCUC webinar on civil society
participation at ICANN. It is set to take place in May. We'd be happy to
have NPOC's feedback on it by Monday COB, along with any historical
materials you may have so that they can be added to the reader (
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dpTRUNW3Yj9uPZamN5d59tD_S4hUb5hmMLX52iquY1o/edit)
along NCUC's and ALAC's. The reader will be made into an ICANN Learn
course, which is currently identified, in the plan below, as "Session 0".

Also you will see that we are planning a civil society roundtable to which
you, or someone else from NPOC, would be invited to participate!

The webinar will be open to NPOC members and I will be in touch with you
once we have an official invitation.

Thanks!

See you,

***

Session 0 (ICANN Learn Course)

   -

   History of civil society at ICANN

Session 1: Civil Society Participation at ICANN

   -

   Reading materials:
   -

      ICANN Org materials about pdp participation
      -

   Opening remarks (2 min)
   -

   Keynote: how to develop a policy position for civil society at ICANN (7
   min)
   -

   Q&A: History of CS at ICANN (20 min)
   -

      Milton Mueller/Anriette Esterhuysen/Adam Peake/Kathy Kleiman
      -

         One question each
         -

         Milton: How was the environment for civil society at ICANN when
         NCUC was established?
         -

         Anriette: How have the difficulties related to civil society
         participation at ICANN changed over time?
         -

         Kathy: What were the aims, purposes or goals of a dedicated space
         for civil society at ICANN?
         -

         Adam: How did the development of civil society participation at
         ICANN paralleled that of civil society in global and regional internet
         governance processes?
         -

   Civil society roundtable (20 min)
   -

      Short interventions by each of the chairs, showcasing in which ways
      each of the communities participate in ICANN processes now from the
      perspective of civil society and how to advocate for CS
positions at ICANN.
      -

         Maureen Hilyard, Bruna Santos, Raphaël Beauregard-Lacroix, Raoul
         Plommer
         -

   Q&A (15 min)
   -

   Closing: summary of the main points (5 min)