[NCUC-EC] Fwd: NCUC CROP funding application

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 15:23:09 CEST 2019

CROP application from Raphaël!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De : Raphaël Beauregard-Lacroix <rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com>
Date: sam. 31 août 2019 à 16:52
Subject: NCUC CROP funding application
To: <chair at ncuc.org>, Maryam Bakoshi <maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>

Name: Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix
Arrival/Departure: Detroit (DTW) to Montreal (YUL)
Dates: 1-8 November NOTE: I would eventually extend my stay one way or
another, but would be requesting support only for 6 nights. Moreover I
would be willing to pay for the difference if flights prices are
substantially different at the dates of my choosing compared to standard
arrival and departure dates.

As the NCUC delegate to the NCSG EC, I get funding to attend one meeting
out of two. I recognize this is a privilege among non-commercially
affiliated ICANN volunteers. That being said I would like to submit my
application for the CROP grant for the coming meeting.

First, as a native French speaker who grew up close to Montreal, I think I
could be an asset for any outreach plan the NCUC may have for that meeting.
I would be glad to discuss such plans further with the NCUC leadership.

Furthermore, I have now been involved with ICANN since 2017, and attended
my first meeting in person in Marrakech. It proved to be a great experience
to meet people I work with and understand the policy development workflow
better, as well as the human dynamics, which are not always visible on
calls.

I am currently seeking to join the IRP IOT to help it conclude it work and
that will hopefully constitute a part of my contribution to the current
policy development efforts. As this PDP is planned to take a substantial
amount of volunteer-hours once it starts, I do not plan to engage in any
other pdp while I remain on the NCSG EC.

Moreover, if given the grant, I would reach out to the NCSG chair and pick
up on her idea of supporting our EPDP team with some form of project
management. While this is not direct policy development, I still see it as
a crucial part of maybe the most crucial policy being currently developed.
Such a plan could thus be used in support of the large amount of meeting
hours that will be devoted to the EPDP in Montreal.

Finally, while my tasks as an EC member do not routinely require me to
participate on calls or attend in-person meetings, they often involve money
matters. I have found great value in discussing those things in person - it
helps build trust among the NCSG leadership and hopefully empower those in
leadership positions to take the right decision when they must be taken.

As a side note, I have not been a buddy nor been involved in any mentorship
program, either through the NCSG/NCUC or through ICANN (Fellowship or
NextGen). I would however be interested in helping out onboarding
newcomers, despite the fact that I still am somewhat a relative newcomer.

Thank you for considering my application,

Best regards,

--
*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

Skype ID: bruna.martinsantos