[NCUC-EC] Fwd: KATAMBI JOAN APPLICATION FOR CROP FUNDING OF NCUC FOR ICANN65

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 07:49:35 CEST 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De : Joan katambi <joanhopek at gmail.com>
Date: mar. 16 avr. 2019 à 02:42
Subject: KATAMBI JOAN APPLICATION FOR CROP FUNDING OF NCUC FOR ICANN65
To: <chair at ncuc.org>, <aryam.bakoshi at icann.com>

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I hereby submit my application to be considered for the NCUC CROP funding
to attend ICANN65 in Marrakech. I have joined NCUC in 2018 after my ICANN61
fellowship in Puerto Rico. Since then I have had ICANN and NCUC outreach
activities in my institution and other communities. I have also been
following and attending the online meeting discussions to understand the
rules of procedures as regards to the Interpretation for Human Rights with
regards to the internet. I also participated in last year’s election
process of NCUC.

I have also been following Internet Governance related meetings and
participated as a panelist in the Uganda Internet Governance Forum in 2018
sharing experiences as a fellow discussing issues related to who controls
and governs the internet, what is the role of Governments, Academia, Civil
society, Technical community as regards to the Multistakeholderism in the
Internet Governance.

During the ICANN64 in Kobe I had chance to meet with the Vice President
Africa Engagement office one of the issues discussed were; how can we
Improve regional participation within ICANN and the region, I want to take
the lead to champion this through Capacity Building programs to create more
awareness in particular promoting our work and what we do as NCUC under the
GNSO. I believe I can be very useful in outreach and capacity building
initiatives, as an Assistant Lecturer at the Uganda Institute of
Information and Communications Technology I have already started to do,
since it is part of my everyday job and it is also something I've been
doing for some time now in several communities.

Furthermore, As a new comer I want to attend this meeting in order to
understand how Polices are discussed in detail for example how to identify
an issue, the scope of the issue and when do you initiate the Policy
Development process for the issue. I also ask to be assigned a mentor in
order to understand the Policy topics and learn more. Am interested in
being part of the following groups; GNSO Review Working Group, Review of
all Rights Protection Mechanisms in all gTLDs, New gTLD subsequent
procedures PDP and GNSO Bylaws implementation drafting Team.

I plan to volunteer in mentoring the future new comers, join NCUC Buddy
Pilot program and take on more training programs within the NCUC or NCSG.

I am also interested in working with NCUC members to prepare content that
could be made available through the ICANN Learn platform about the NCUC
constituency in particular, so they could serve as a tool for fellow
members willing to raise awareness and bring in new community members.

I have read and understood the NCUC travel policy and promise to abide by
the rules and regulations. Attached is my CV for information.

Name: Katambi Joan

Departure From Entebbe Uganda: 23 / June/2019

Arrival Back At Entebbe Uganda: 28 /June/2019

Regards
Katambi Joan

--
*Bruna Martins dos Santos *