[NCUC-EC] Fwd: Application for NCUC CROP sponsored traveller for ICANN65 to be held in Marrakech, 24-27 June 2019

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 03:06:32 CEST 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Benjamin Akinmoyeje <benakin at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019, 20:09
Subject: Application for NCUC CROP sponsored traveller for ICANN65 to be
held in Marrakech, 24-27 June 2019
To: <chair at ncuc.org>, Maryam Bakoshi <Maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>

Dear Chair,
I am writing to apply for travel sponsorship to attend the ICANN 65
Marakech meeting on the 24th-27,June 2019.

My name is Benjamin Akinmoyeje, a member of NCUC, I hope my application is
considered in order for me to participate in ICANN 65 meeting.

I hope to depart Windhoek, Namibia to arrive Marrakech, Morocco on the 22nd
June 2019 and leave Marrakech on the 28th June 2019, to arrive
Windhoek.Namibia.

My major interest in attending the Marrakech meeting is to participate in
the policy development process, as it is going to be Policy Forum.

One of my main reason to engage actively in the EPDP Phase 2 .
I have been following the development around The Unified Access Model, for
the new proposed WHOIS access for authenticated users with legitimate
interests.
I also hope to engage in the new gTLD Auction Proceeds Cross - Community
Working Group activities at this meeting.
My interest is also around the NCUC  outreach event, as this ICANN is
happening in Africa , region - it will be a strategic opportunity to
recruit vibrant
NCUC Outreach event
Participate in New Buddy program, get to see face to face with some of my
mentees and also help NCUC to recruit valuable members as a NCUC membership
engagement Team.
I also hope to engage my NPOC PC member to engage in drafting some of our
comments to the call for public comments.
NCSG

As it is an ICANN meeting holding in Africa it is another opportunity to
engage actively with the ICANN Africa strategic plan
I also look forward to advocating for the Africa ICANN engagement getting
empowered for more activities in the African region.

In additional to the listed engagement above, I hope to join the following
working group.

In the long term, I hope to work with other stakeholders in my university
and Windhoek Internet Governance Space, to setup DNS Aware workshop,
Cybersecurity especially DNSSEC and IPv6 Awareness and capacity building
events to Namibia University of Science and Technology students .
I also hope to create awareness about NCUC as end users constituents of the
Multi-stakeholder approach in the decision around Internet governance.

I have also built my capacity in by taken almost all the courses available
on ICANN learn, while taking time to read up the post ICANN 64 report.
I hope to continue learning and developing my capacity by following the
routine calls and engage regularly with members of the ICANN community.
My short term plan is also going to include the posting of a blog on NCUC
and my personal blog that will include sharing the story with a wider
audience.

 I will be interested in participating in participating in any Policy
Development process capacity building session.

Ultimately, I hope engage the ICANN Africa Region Engagement Team.

I hope my application is given a positive consideration.

Yours sincerely,

Benjamin