[NCUC-EC] NCUC Fellowship - NPOC funded Traveler to Barcelona

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 17:38:16 CET 2018

Dear EC,

It has come to our attention that Thomas Covenant, one of the funded
travelers to the Barcelona meeting has used part of the funds to attend the
ITU-PP instead of flying back to Helsinki. While this isnt necessarily a
problem, because we offer to fund the member to attend the ICANN meeting
and also his return, I would like to highlight that the cost of the flight
to Dubai was slightly more expensive than a roundtrip ticket from Helsinki
to Barcelona.

Another problem is that the member mentioned in a recent email that he was
attending the meeting and doing some outreach about ICANN with ITU-PPs
attendees and, imho, if she had previously mentioned her intent on
attending such meeting we could have developed some sort of NCSG/NCUC/NPOC
related outreach strategy.

Having said that, I plan to let Joan and Stephanie know about this
situation and will send them an email today to address this question.

Best,
B.