[NCUC-EC] Decision on what remains of website/database budget

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Wed Jul 25 22:08:19 CEST 2018

On Jul 25 16:44, Renata Aquino Ribeiro (raquino at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi
>
> On the hosting payment, Brenden is the technical contact so gets the
> early warning, passed on the request to EC, which approved it last
> time.
>
> Tapani perhaps you can explain more about the move the VM and cost
> ideas both for the hosting and the VM?

The VM I was talking about is the one that contains NCUC website
(www.ncuc.org) and mailing lists (lists.ncuc.org), hosted by Gandi,
and I'm not aware of any plans to move it, apart from the member
database - earlier NCUC's own member database was there as well,
now it's (slowly) being moved to access NCSG's CiviCRM database.
(I think the member list at ncuc.org is temporarily being
manually maintained by Maryam.)

It costs about $400/year, and as I said I think that cost could be
covered by ICANN under the budget being discussed.

--
Tapani Tarvainen