[NCUC-EC] NCUC 1st hackerspace membership

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 07:10:56 CET 2018

Dear EC

So as you know by now, I plan to be in Spain soon and I have ties in
Barcelona.

So I thought we could start planning a pre-event for ICANN63 in Barcelona.

Without cost to NCUC, mostly.

Barcelona has some interesting spaces and I thought we could try to do a
partnership for NCUC 1st hackerspace membership.

Basically a hackerspace membership would give us a place to do an event - a
debate or something along those lines.

But also could be interesting to exchange ideas w/ the local activists
network.

My first suggestion is Made

http://www.made-bcn.org/

Current membership fees is at 35E monthly.

Of course NCUC membership comes in all shapes, sizes and beliefs but so
does the membership in hackerspaces.

So I guess I'm proposing for NCUC to have its 1st hackerspace membership :)

As this relationship evolves we can plan the event there.

Thoughts?

I'm sharing this w/ EC first and will share with the members too soon so we
discussion how this could go.

Thanks

Renata