[NCUC-EC] Urgent deliberation: CROP WSIS Transfer

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 14:17:26 CET 2018

Dear all,

My vote goes for Joanna, apart from her great application, the candidate is
very committed and has been looking into ways of being more active within
NCUC for a while. So I say we should give her this chance! Also, Claudio
was an NCUC Fellow in Abu Dhabi, Olga is a fellow in PR, Ayden has the CROP
for IFF and Joanna is the perfect candidate for matters of diversity.

Last but not least, I noticed the lack of an outreach plan in Joanna's
application as well as any information whether or not she will need the
financial support for the flight - maybe we could clear this up with her
and also develop a plan of action for WSIS.

Best,
B.

> Hi,
>
> Thanks very much for sending along.
>
> My vote is for Joanna.
>
> Ayden had an excellent application, but he has already received a CROP
> this year, so I think it's best not to allocate him a second, and that
> if he doesn't get this, we should specifically include diversity of
> CROP recipients as a decisionmaking factor in our announcement. Olga
> is a good candidate, but she is only available to stay for the first
> couple of days of WSIS, which isn't ideal, so that leaves us with
> Joanna and Claudio. Of the two, Joanna seems like the stronger
> candidate, and her application is a bit more complete.
>
> Best,
>
> Michael
>

> On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 8:57 PM, Renata Aquino Ribeiro
> <raquino at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear EC
> >
> > Please deliberate on the CROP WSIS Transfer
> > Remember to add justifications to your deliberations
> >
> > Applications
> >
> > https://lists.ncuc.org/pipermail/ncuc-ec/2018-February/008880.html
> >
> > https://lists.ncuc.org/pipermail/ncuc-ec/2018-February/008883.html
> >
> > https://lists.ncuc.org/pipermail/ncuc-ec/2018-February/008884.html