[NCUC-EC] Fwd: Expression of Interest – NCUC at WSIS 2018

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 15:35:21 CET 2018

---------- Mensagem encaminhada ----------
De: "Joanna" <joannakulesza at gmail.com>
Data: 18 de fev de 2018 8:47 AM
Assunto: Expression of Interest – NCUC at WSIS 2018
Para: <chair at ncuc.org>
Cc: "Maryam Bakoshi" <maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>

Dear all,

following the call for expressions of interest, please find attached my
application to join NCUC at WSIS this March. I have been seeking ways to
better support the community and hope this might be an opportunity to do
so. Below is my SOI and a short summary of my direct ICANN/NCUC related
activity.

Applicant’s ICANN Statement of Interest (SoI): https://community.icann.org/
display/gnsosoi/Joanna+Kulesza+SOI
Applicant's background: https://icannwiki.org/Joanna_Kulesza

Brief summary of ICANN involvement:
I have been an ICANN58 fellow and ICANN60 fellow/coach (2017). I have been
one of the founders of ICANN’s Internet Academy in Poland (Akademia
Internetowa  http://internetacademy.pl/; 2015 - ). I was the author of the
Polish translation of the original ICANN NCUC outreach materials (
https://www.ncuc.org/about/brochure/). I organized the ICANN/NCUC CPDP 2017
panel on GDPR compliance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5We1t1bClro (with
Adam Peake, Stephanie Perrin, Stefania Milan, Lee Bygrave and Peter
Kimpian). I supported the work of Roy Balleste on thick/think WHOIS
consultations (2016). I have been an active supporter of ICANN’s regional
outreach, working together with Gabi Schittek and Jean-Jacques Sahel,
including but not limited to input within the national IGF and GDPR-related
Visegrad Group activites. Most recently, I provided individual input on the
proposed GDPR compliance models: https://www.icann.org/en/
system/files/files/gdpr-comments-kulesza-icann-proposed-compliance-models-
28jan18-en.pdf. I would be thrilled to be able to support the community at
WSIS in whatever capacity might prove best suited. Thank you for your
consideration.

Kind regards,
Joanna Kulesza
--------------------------------
Joanna Kulesza, PhD
assistant professor of international law and Internet governance
Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Lodz
Kopcinskiego Street 8
<https://maps.google.com/?q=Kopcinskiego+Street+8&entry=gmail&source=g>/12,
90-232 Lodz, Poland
mobile: +48 505 923 675 <+48%20505%20923%20675>
e-mail: joannakulesza at gmail.com
publications: https://unilodz.academia.edu/JoannaKulesza/
website: https://pl.linkedin.com/in/kuleszajoanna