[NCUC-EC] Fwd: [Ext] Re: Question from Chris Mondini - CROP outreach plan

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 00:21:56 CEST 2018

Response from Mondini

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Mondini <chris.mondini at icann.org>
Date: Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Ext] Re: Question from Chris Mondini - CROP outreach plan
To: Renata Aquino Ribeiro <raquino at gmail.com>, Maryam Bakoshi
<maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>

This is very helpful.  Many thanks, Renata.

On 8/27/18, 12:36 PM, "Renata Aquino Ribeiro" <raquino at gmail.com> wrote:

    Dear Chris

    Thank you for your question and evaluation of our document.

    I've added the note below to our CROP Outreach Plan. Please let me
    know if there is anything else I can clarify.

    https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1hwKWYuA8DK7yZ-2DGNPlfva-5FisoNTx49zGsqi8vJN0qpc_edit-3Fusp-3Dsharing&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=1vLKdDRQME5Qk1T3BJxbKpASz9i1Leb0aLZfxrmmehs&m=kzSfxi0XJELtkg_rhfsDlRgfQmSH_RC_YkyMneST_ZY&s=r2a6hNjY0QpsLjlvwt0mraK9EABUxcmgF8R93v_K7K0&e=

    A note on regional coordination with GSE and statistics on CROP engagement

    NCUC has engaged with GSE in FY18 in all of the CROP opportunities
    provided. We have participated in events such as WSIS (EU), Africa
    Internet Summit and Afrinic meeting, LACNIC meeting, Rightscon (North
    America) and Internet Freedom Festival (Spain). At least 10 public
    comments in FY18 had contributions from members recruited from
    Internet Freedom Festival and Rightscon, for instance. We have
    recruited dozens of members in each of those meetings (online and
    onsite) and we hope to continue collaborating with GSE on this work.

    NCUC has almost 600 membes in 160 countries and an average of 5-10 new
    members each month. We have been using opportunities at face to face
    meetings for inreach as well as outreach, including capacity buiding
    programs. Each CROP opportunity has given us at least 10 new members
    and the majority has participated on public comments and PDPs.

    Best,

    Renata