[NCUC-EC] IGF Slots

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 18:34:51 CEST 2017

what I am understanding from Renata and Tatiana's email is that we should
allocate the travel support to Ayden to encourage people to hold the pen
and draft proposals and help from the beginning. Ines says Ayden should
apply.

Michael and Dave please chime in on the above issue. please do so quickly.
If I don't here back by Monday, we will allocate the third ICANN-NCUC to
Ayden and inform the members about our decision.

As to the criteria, I think we can just leave out priority given to outside
of the region and base our decision on active members of strategic wgs and
PDPs, and plans for helping with NCUC outreach. They should also have
enough knowledge about what NCUC does and how ICANN works to hold the booth
at IGF and explain things to the visitors. But I think it's a good idea to
have the NCUC fellowship for inside the region. We just have to be fair in
allocating the slots and be mindful of those who apply from outside of
Europe.

Expression of financial inability to fund them is implied in their
application for travel support. So if we don't have a very good reason to
keep it we should leave it.

So here is my suggestion for the criteria (Ines' modified version)

A. ICANN-NCUC Travel slot for NCUC Workshop Panelists:

- Must be a workshop panelist as per ICANN's condition (see
https://features.icann.org/plan/project/59558465000bdb031e54
5e66753678d3?language=ru) + send link of selected workshop
- Active NCUC member (mailing list, working groups, drafting materials, be
involved with policy groups at ICANN)
- Plans at the IGF for NCUC outreach/volunteering.
- Enough knowledge about what NCUC does and how ICANN works to hold the
booth at IGF and explain issues  to the visitors (in your statement you
need to add a paragraph in your own words on what NCUC does at ICANN)

B. CROP travel slot: (only 3 nights and 4 days covered)

- Priority given BUT NOT NECESSARILY to workshop panelists to encourage
professional development + send link of selected workshop
- Active NCUC member (mailing list, working groups, drafting materials etc.)
- Plans at the IGF for outreach/volunteering
- Enough knowledge about what NCUC does and how ICANN works to hold the
booth at IGF and explain issues  to the visitors (in your statement you
need to add a paragraph in your own words on what NCUC does at ICANN)

    C. NCUC Fellowship to the IGF (up to 2000 Dollars):

-  workshop panelists to encourage professional development +
send link of selected workshop.
- Priority given but NOT NECESSARILY to candidates FROM THE IGF2017 REGION
to maximise the NUMBER OF BENEFICIARIES.
- Priority given BUT NOT NECESSARILY to PARTIAL FUNDING: Airfare
only, hotel only, bus, train etc. to maximise the NUMBER OF BENEFICIARIES.
- Active NCUC member (mailing list, working groups, drafting materials etc.)
- Plans at the IGF for NCUC outreach/volunteering
- Enough knowledge about what NCUC does and how ICANN works to hold the
booth at IGF and explain issues  to the visitors (in your statement you
need to add a paragraph in your own words on what NCUC does at ICANN)

Best

Farzaneh

Farzaneh

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Tatiana Tropina <tatiana.tropina at gmail.com>
wrote:

> All,
> Am on holiday with somewhat limited connectivity but I would like to bring
> this thread up as the decision has to be taken soon.
> I fully support what Renata said in her last email. I would also like
> really to add that even if the proposal drafted by Ayden didn't get
> through, he is a co-submitter of the proposal that made it to the IGF. He
> worked tirelessly with Farzaneh and me drafting several proposals -- we
> drafted 4 to have a back up option.
> As the hotels in Geneva are crazily expensive the regionality is not the
> primary factor. Let's issue the call for CROP and for NCUC funded traveler
> soon as people have to make their arrangements and CROP has strict
> deadlines.
> Cheers,
> Tanya
>
> On Mon 25. Sep 2017 at 12:12, Renata Aquino Ribeiro <raquino at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> I'm in transit and w limited access but pls consider the following
>>
>> Civil society events at IGF start on 16th and Geneva will mostly be
>> expensive on accomodation so regionality here may not be a factor
>>
>> Drafters/penholders of proposals are part of the team as panelists or
>> not. This is sthg that can be reviewed in proposals and a penholder should
>> not be penalized if 1 single proposal by organization was chosen by IGF.
>> These are event rules.
>>
>> Last but most important, penholders of public comments, active members of
>> strategic wgs and PDPs are the ones who this funding should have in mind.
>> There's a lack of hands for policy work and IGF participation should be
>> linked to that.
>>

>> Em 24 de set de 2017 5:08 AM, "hfaiedh ines" <hfaiedh.ines2 at gmail.com>
>> escreveu:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I am happy to see that we have a nice number of opportunities to send an
>>> NCUC member to the 2017 IGF. Awesome news !
>>>
>>> As per ICANN s FY18 in allocating those three travel slots and which was
>>> well-mentioned by Farzaneh, the three NCUC funded travelers have to be
>>> 'Three workshop panelists' (see https://features.icann.org/plan/project/
>>> 59558465000bdb031e545e66753678d3?language=ru) which is the case of
>>> Farzaneh and Tatiana on the NCUC selected workshop, in addition that they
>>> are from NCUC leadership and hope they can manage to also include NCUC
>>> views on the matter. Ayden does not appear as a workshop panelist here:(See
>>> http://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2017-ws-67-
>>> content-regulation-and-private-ordering-at-internet-