[NCUC-EC] Applications for travel support

Anna Loup loupac5556 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 17:54:38 CET 2017

Thank you for that clarification, Renata. My only hesitation, from personal
conference planning experience, when you give people small amounts of
funding and do not fully fund their trips, high level of drop-outs can
occur.

Here are my final selections with funding amounts:

Aarti Bhavana- Mentor- $1915
I think that Aarti's view and approach is exactly what we are looking for
in a mentor.

Grace Mutung'u- Mentee- $1343
Grace has a good background that will enable a successful mentee experience.

Tan Sze Ming- $742
Ming is an IFF participant and shows a high level of interest, but this is
not enough to cover the entire flight and accommodation. This would also
mean that there are two mentees. I would not see a problem with having one
mentor and two mentees, but if we do decide to go in this direction we
should check with Aarti first. Another possible position for Ming could be
as an alternate.

Anna