[NCUC-EC] The representative to .ORG

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 02:54:57 CET 2017

Hi

This is a very interesting year to PIR. Social businesses are on the
rise and the domain name market is changing.
I believe NCUC should be really close to PIR and our chair being an
advisor is the best way to achieve this proximity.
PIR is also a partner of NCUC and this is the best way to ensure
accountability exists and go both ways - PIR is informed about what
NCUC is doing and vice-versa.
My knowledge of PIR comes mainly from LAC and NA folks who I know and
are on the advisory committee and I see other spaces in ICANN doing
more with this participation on PIR so I think NCUC can go farther
too.

So I believe Farzaneh should be in this role as this renewal of
position approaches.

Best,

Renata