[NCUC-EC] ICANN staff comments on the bylaws

Tatiana Tropina tatiana.tropina at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 19:18:52 CET 2017

Hi Farzaneh and all.
I don't think we should agree to get the meeting where the comments are
"explained" to us. While am in general very cooperative, I think accepting
the offer to "explain" why someone would unilaterally rewrite our mission
and the membership rules is already too much. We have to send it back with
the note that the staff was supposed to do copy-editing of the text for the
purpose of consistency, not rewriting the provisions that constituency came
up with.
Farzy and I are involved in the AC/SO accountability WS2 and I was working
on membership data capture there. Yes!!! - other constituencies (BC, IPC)
*do* *have* membership, eligibility criteria and process of becoming a
member. Another argument why we shall not accept the document and just send
it back with a polite note that ICANN consultant overstepped the mandate
with regard to what can be edited.
Warm regards
Tanya