[NCUC-EC] 1:1 meeting with Goran

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 18:59:33 CET 2017

Yes on posting to the list

My question, which I will repeat there

* With the visa travel ban, organizations such as IETF and ISOC are
reviewing their actions for the time period the USA will be subject to
their new president mandate, ICANN also issued a communiqué on this
matter. What are the strategies in place to ensure international
participation remains a reality in ICANN? Specifically updates on:
1) Will there be a contract with a visa agency to help with travel
arrangements?
2) Will the meeting in Puerto Rico remain as planned? Couldn't it move
to Mexico?
3) Will ICANN reassure its commitment to diversity, which NCUC is
devoted to work towards too in WS2, and work on increasing
participation and leadership position from developing and least
developed countries and women?
4) ICANN jurisdiction being in the USA, can we be assured ICANN will
try to safeguard legally its international status?

Thanks