[NCUC-EC] Update on bylaws approval

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 04:50:17 CEST 2017

Hello NCUC,

I received the following message about our bylaws approval from Rob:

"The Board’s Organizational Effectiveness Committee (OEC) was advised by
staff that the charter changes did not present any fiscal or liability
concerns to the ICANN organization and the OEC is currently processing
staff’s request to open a public comment forum for community review and
comment.  I am hopeful that the OEC permission will be forthcoming very
soon.  At that point, staff will open the public comment proceeding for at
least 40 days.

Based on prior community experiences, the entire Board review process
generally has taken about 6 months and we appear to be on track for Board
consideration/action of the NCUC Bylaws changes at or around the Abu Dhabi
public meeting.  We will alert you when the public comment forum is being
opened so that you can alert the NCUC membership."

Best

Farzaneh