[NCUC-EC] Intersessional/ Planning will start soon

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 04:22:33 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I summarized all your comments + members comments on intersessional and
sent to  Mary and Benedetta. Mary said in response:

"As always, thank you for getting back to us on this topic, and thanks to
> Farzaneh for clearly explaining the concerns and opinions across the NCUC
> community. Since there appears to be a substantial majority of the NCPH
> community that favors holding the next Intersessional in Los Angeles on February
> 1 & 2, 2018, staff suggests that the *next step be a planning call
> amongst all the representatives from each SG and Constituency*. Please be
> so kind as to fill in this Doodle poll at your earliest convenience:
> http://doodle.com/poll/gcb7u64q8k5swi8u.
> We are very cognizant of the concern about obtaining a US visa for some
> travelers. We are therefore proposing the planning call so that it’s
> possible to: (1) secure the necessary meeting space, and inform those
> senior staff whose participation will be requested, at the ICANN office in
> Los Angeles for the relevant dates; (2) begin the travel arrangement
> process for approved travelers as soon as possible (bearing in mind the
> different completion dates of each group’s upcoming Councilor or officer
> election); and (3) facilitate your overall program planning for this
> meeting.
>
> Finally, if you wish to add (or substitute) another person from your
> SG/Constituency to participate in the planning process, please let us know
> as soon as possible so that we can add them to the group list. Please also
> forward them the link to the Doodle poll so they can participate in the
> planning call, if possible."

I would like the EC members, especially those who requested these meetings
to be on annual basis, to actively engage with planning it. Unfortunately,
I don't have the bandwidth to attend as many planning meetings as I want
to. So please volunteer to attend the calls, and take the poll.

Best

Farzaneh