[NCUC-EC] Nominations for NCUC Executive Committee Representative for North America

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 16:05:55 CEST 2017

Hi EC, Here is the announcement for the vacated NCUC EC NA position. Since
our bylaws are unclear about holding elections for situations like this, I
recommend holding the election anyway. I would like to issue this call
tomorrow so please comment quickly.

Dear All,

The representative of North America on NCUC Executive Committee has
resigned from the position due to other professional and academic
engagements.

According to our interpretation of the NCUC  bylaws (VII-E) we need to hold
an election in case of resignation of EC members  "If the remaining term of
the resigning EC representative(s) is greater than six (6) months, a new
election shall be organized.*"*

Since that is the case, we would like to issue a call for nominations and
then hold an election for this position. please nominate yourself or others
for this position until 30th April 2017.

Please note that the North America Representative should be based in North
America.

Executive Committee Reps are responsible for:

1.  Recruiting new members from their regions

2.            Working with members from their region to help them
understand the ICANN structure and participate in the Constituency and
ICANN processes.

3.            Voting on the EC on the matters listed in section IV.F below.
All EC votes called by the Chair must be responded to in ten days. Regional
representatives who fail to vote within that time limit four times in a row
are considered to have resigned their office as per VII.B.2 below

4.            Ensure that members from their region are made aware of and
respond to calls for comments by members of the Policy Committee on Working
Group and other Council and other ICANN policy

development activities. Regional Representatives must provide a reply to
all such requests from the Policy Committee.

Best regards,

Farzaneh