[NCUC-EC] Cancelling South Africa

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 15:56:53 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I have to go to DC in person to apply for the South African visa. They will
keep my passport for 10 days to issue the visa and then would want to post
my passport back. I personally do not trust the postal system and the
authorities with my passport to be sent back and since my American visa
stamp is in the passport, I cannot afford losing it. And there is one more
reason above all this, I don't want to expose myself to the
illegitimate power of state sovereignty with regards to borders (any state,
anywhere). I have had enough.

So I won't be able to attend. I will probably not attend the UAE meeting
for the same reason.

What I would like to ask you, for those who are going to the meeting, is to
take charge of the outreach event and other tasks.

Best
Farzaneh