[NCUC-EC] Allocating travel funds for IGF

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 20:46:31 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

I think we should issue the call for travel funds for IGF to our NCUC
members.

ICANN has approved our travel request for IGF, and has approved two travel
slots for IGF. I think I once suggested that one will go to Rafik as NCUC
chair, as he has submitted the proposals and will be moderating a couple of
workshops as well as his role in outreach. We have to issue a call to our
members for the other one travel slot.

I also want to make a suggestion with regards to allocating some NCUC funds
for our members to go to IGF. We will have an NCUC booth there, and two
workshops and we can use their help for outreach and contribution to
workshops and civil society day.

I suggest allocating 1500 or 2000 USD based on the number of applications
we get. We will fund their travel partially ( perhaps mainly flights).

I have drafted the call for application to be sent to our members as soon
as possible because we don't really have much time:

Call for travel support applications for IGF

This year we have one free travel slot for IGF which is provided by ICANN.
This will be a full funding opportunity.  We have also decided to allocate
1500 USD of NCUC funds for supporting travel to IGF. This will be a partial
funding opportunity.

We invite you to apply for either the ICANN full funding travel support or
NCUC partial funding travel support. In your application, you should
indicate:

Your preference for ICANN full funding or NCUC partial funding
If partial funding, how much you would need
If you have been invited to any workshop to speak about NCUC or civil
society at ICANN
Your plan to carry out outreach for NCUC at IGF
If at the moment you are involved with any working groups at ICANN
Any other contribution you have made to NCUC (commenting on public
comments, helping with policy issues etc).

Please submit your application by 10th October.

Best

--
Farzaneh