[NCUC-EC] Membership management system for NCSG / NCUC account

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 02:37:40 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

I am sharing here some updates but let me give first the background. When I
was NCSG chair, I made financial request about getting funding for
 membership management system. After long discussions and work done with
ICANN staff, supported by the interests shown by other GNSO constituencies,
ICANN agreed to support such service and allocated a 9000USD per
constituency.

After the last election, Tapani took over and continued the work exploring
several options reaching the decision to use a civicrm-based solution. A
vendor, Systopia was was found and you can find the proposal and the cost
attached. the vendor will provide a range a service from buidling,
supporting the system and providing training.

I am sending this update because we would like to use the NCUC bank account
to receive the funds and transferring the money to the service povider on
behalf on NCSG since NCSG doesnt have its own account. The payment must be
done before 30th June (before the end of fiscal year) and ICANN get
invoiced for that. ICANN won't do payment directly to vendor to avoid any
liability and is leaving that to us.

I am asking here for a quick approval so Milton can handle the payment.

I added Tapani in cc too.

Best,

Rafik