[NCUC-EC] 转发: Call for Candidates of ICANN Mentor Pilot Program

Peter Green seekcommunications at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 25 08:24:39 CET 2016

Dear EC members,

Until now, we received 3 formal applications for the Mentor :

1. Dr. Tatiana Tropina, Germany
2. Remmy Nweke, Africa
3. Kathy Kleiman, USA

we received 3 formal applications for the Mentee

1. Soumya Iyer, female, a developing country
2. Patrick Lenihan, Canada
3. Isaque Joaquim, Mozanmbique
4. Ayden Fabien Férdeline, UK
5.  Benjamin Akinmoyeje, Africa
6. Sana Ali (female), Canada
7. Melaku Girma, Ethopia
8. James Njoroge Gitau, Kenya
9. Renata Aquino Ribeiro, Brazil

Also, I agree with Milton. We did receive an overdue notification from ICANN.

It seems that Milton has thoughts regarding considering to apply to serve as the Mentor.

So, there could be 4 applications for the Mentor if we count him.

Ladies and Gentlemen EC members, please be noted some context requirments in the open call:

1. There is no formal format set for reponses to the call, attached please find the email responses from each applicant, so the EC could evaluate their wish to participate in the program solely according to their response.

2. For the sake of geographical diversity,  newbies from Africa, MENA region or the Latin America may be prefrred.

3. For the sake of gender diversity, in case there are more applications, ladies are prefrred.

Let's start the discussion.  Please state your choice for the Mentor and the Mentee, and demonstrate your views and rationale to support the Mentor and the Mentee.

BTW, if Tapani could understand, we may have to skip a little behind the 12:00 UTC deadline.

Anyway, it is expected that we may have a final result not very late today.

If there is any problem, please do not hesitate to correct me.

Thank you so much.

Best Regards

Peter