[NCUC-EC] [Urgent] Fwd: Mentor Pilot Program Guide

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 13:28:18 CET 2016

Hi

The document looks like the Fellowship mentorship program, which is a
successful program I'd say.  However that program leads to attendance at
the ICANN meeting. Which I assume for now this is not the case for the
pilot program. This will make it more difficult to incentivize the
volunteers to put their name forward.

Anyhow I don't think we can meet the deadline of Monday, but can we at
least tell our members that they might be able to attend future ICANN
meetings if they join the program ?

I agree with most of Peter's criteria but some are   kind of too strict
which might not encourage people :

on point 1.  Time : Two hours within how many weeks ?

<To enforce this as strict standard, the Mentor should record the real
timestamp when the Mentor and Mentee are online.>

 [ I think recording might be too much of a hassle. To enforce it, if the
mentor or mentee miss out on two scheduled meetings without good reasons
they can let us know and we will replace the mentee or mentor]

5.  "We need the Mentor to draft a brief coaching presentation and
documentation. And the Mentor should record their time of being online."
This again might be too much. I agree that at a later stage the mentor can
provide us what they have done and which topics they have covered but
presentation and documentation at this stage will take up too much of their
time. I think the most important is that they schedule to meet each other
online and the mentor can just provide a brief report after their meeting
of what topics they have covered.

Best

Farzaneh

Best