[NCUC-EC] ncuc agenda for marrakech

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 10:45:37 CET 2016

Hi

The NomCom application period closes 20 March.  Shall I make a two minute pitch for CS apps at one of these sessions?

Bill

> On Feb 22, 2016, at 10:38, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> hi everyone,
>

> here the  draft agendas for NCUC public sessions that we discussed in our last call:
>
> * NCUC outreach event, Saturday 17:00
>

> Welcomes and Participant Introductions
>
>  Milton Mueller
> Overview of NCUC Work on Key Issues at the marrakech Meeting
> IANA and the transitioning of US control (Milton Mueller and Matt Shears)
> Accountability mechanisms in the context of globalization (Robin Gross)
> Human rights initiatives (Niels ten Oever)
> Privacy, WHOIS and registry services (Maria Farrell and Stephanie Perrin)
> Policy development at GNSO (Am Elsadr)
> Open discussion
> Priority Sessions in the Coming Week and Closing
> Milton Mueller
> We are confirming with the speakers and it may be amended later
>

> * NCUC constituency day, Tuesday 9:30am
>
> 1- Introduction by the chair (20-30min)
>

> Tour de table & introductions
> Short overview about NCUC and activities : why should you join NCUC
>
> 2- Topics of interests for ICANN55 and beyond
>
> New PDPs overview: Registration Data Services (RDS), Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPM) , new gTLD rounds
> Effective participation for NCUC
> Briefing & highlights on important issues
> ICANN accountability track: highlights & way forward
> DIDP work: Transparency and document disclosure
> Human rights work
> (Global )Public interest discussion
>
> 3- Administrative matters
>
> Activities report from NCUC Executive Committee: appointments, roadmap for 2016
> Bylaw update & Incorporation
> Non-contracted Party House meeting report and follow-up
> Reports from Outreach events
> 4- AOB & Closing remarks.
>

> @Maryam please update the wiki space for meeting public schedule with this agenda. also create the events in ncuc website about marrakech meeting .
>

> For NCUC EC meeting, it will be basically about bylaws drafting.
>

> Best,
>

> Rafik

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
  www.williamdrake.org <http://www.williamdrake.org/>
The Working Group on Internet Governance - 10th Anniversary Reflections
New book at https://www.apc.org/en/WGIG <https://www.apc.org/en/WGIG>