[NCUC-EC] Applications for Travel Support

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 12:19:21 CET 2016

Hi

I agree that those who did not receive funding should receive a reason.   I
think one of the reasons is that covering costs of one person that can come
up to  2000 usd prevents others to attend so if their presence is not very
well justified then it doesn't make sense. So for future application they
might consider to ask for partial funding.

If I am not mistaken we have also given funding to members from Asia
Pacific last time in Dublin and I think non to Africa. Due to this and the
fact that the meeting is going to be held in Africa, I was more  favorable
to people in that region however I don't think region has to be the
absolute factor but one of the factors for justifying funding.
The other reason is that they have not been able to justify their strong
interest in getting involved.  Being active in IG is good but not enough.
They can reach out to us to get to know various working groups, how to get
involved with them and how to make effective contribution to NCUC 's work
in Icann.