[NCUC-EC] The candidates for PC

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 11:21:24 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

Please find below an application from Tatiana for NCSG PC.

Best,

Rafik
===============================

Dear Rafik,

I would like to throw my hat in the ring and apply for the PC
representative.
I have been an NCUC member since last year and have been attending several
ICANN meetings since 2013 (three in person and followed several remotely).
I got informed about the work of NCUC before I joined the constituency:
this information helped me to take a decision to become a part of the NCUC
and to try to to the work of the NCUC as much as I can. Though I am not a
real ICANN or NCUC veteran, joining NCUC was not a symbolic step for me - I
didn't become a member just to have a kind of affiliation. Since last year,
after joining the constituency, I have been participating in such working
groups as CCWG-accountability and CCWP on ICANN's Corporate and Social
Responsibility to Respect Human Rights. Within relatively short time frame
of my participation in those groups I became very actively engaged in human
rights issues, trying to promote the official commitment of the ICANN to
respect human rights and to create a framework of interpretation for such
commitment.
However, I believe that I can contribute much more into the work of NCUC
than only working on human rights, to add more value concerning other
processes and issues. One of my particular interests is policy. This is why
I would like to serve as NCUC representative on NCSG Policy Committee.
About my experience and affiliation: I am working at Max Planck Institute
for Foreign and International Criminal Law in Freiburg, Germany (I am
participating in  NCUC as individual). This "academic" affiliation includes
not only research work, but practical impact projects related to policy and
legislation. My primary specialization is cybersecurity and cybercrime
policy/law/regulation, but in the recent years I dived into the broader
topic of internet governance. In addition, I have a Master's degree related
to the telecom policy and regulation and I was a practicing lawyer in this
field for several years in Russia. I think this combination of my past
experience (which might be not directly related to the PC representative
role, but it provides me with a solid background for further development)
can allow me to participate actively in the PC work and to get myself
quickly acquainted with any new areas.

Best regards

Ok I will send the extension of the deadline.
Just to repeat  my position, I only support Matt nomination and still
looking for the second rep.

Rafik