[NCUC-EC] Travel support to Copenhagen - EC to approve text by Tuesday next week

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 04:38:10 CET 2016

Please read the below travel support announcement and let me know if you
want to change anything. I will send it to the list on Tuesday.

***

 NCUC provides travel support for its members for up to 4000.00 USD for
each ICANN meeting. Each applicant can receive a maximum of 2000 USD for
justifiable expenses. Travel support policy can be found here:
http://www.ncuc.org/participate/ncuc-travel-support/

The EC has decided this time to allocate travel support for ICANN
Copenhagen meeting in the following format: we will allocate travel support
to experienced and new members who apply. But the experienced members
should mentor the new members (or those who are not yet engaged with NCUC
and ICANN) as to how to get engaged with policymaking and working groups
and ccwgs at ICANN. The  members should identify activities within NCUC and
ICANN to be engaged with and state those in their application for travel
support. In the months leading to Copenhagen meeting, the mentee has to
provide evidence that they are involved with some activities at NCUC and
ICANN. If they cannot provide evidence, their travel support may be
revoked. The mentors should commit to providing help and guidance for the
mentee.

If experienced members do not apply for travel support, EC members or other
volunteers will mentor the newcomers.

The mentoring requirement is lightweight. The mentor should be the mentee's
link to NCUC and ICANN activities and policy work.

The next ICANN meeting will be held from 11 to 17 March in Copenhagen,
Denmark. Please indicate in your travel support application: 1. You want to
be a mentee or a mentor, 2. Why you want to go to Copenhagen( activities
you are engaged with or plan to be engaged with, 3. How much funding you
need.

Please apply by 7th January 2017, the decision will be made by 15 January
2017.

--
Farzaneh