[NCUC-EC] Initiating NCUC travel support call for helsinki

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 05:05:28 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

to avoid the visa issue faced by some of our members last time, we should
send soon the call for proposals for NCUC travel support. I copied last
time call, so we may do some tweaks.

I would also like that we enforce the requirement for writing a blog post
for all those who get NCUC support regardless the amount and ensuring that
we got those reports in timely manner. I am raising this because nobody
made report for Dublin while we spend more than 4000USD and we are still
waiting for marrakech posts (checking with all recipients, one already sent
her draft). Maryam worked on the list of recipients for previous meetings
and we can make them public in website for transparency.

we will also include in the call, the possibility to apply as exception to
get travel support for conferences/events other than ICANN meeting and make
that clear.

Finally because Sonigitu coulnd't make for last time, we agreed to postpone
his allocation to Helsinki meeting and I will ask him to start the visa
processing quickly.

====================================

Dear NCUC members:

ICANN 55 will be held in Morrocco  5-10 March 2016. NCUC members can apply
to receive funding to attend the meeting. The travel dates can be ideally
from 3 March to 10 March.

The budget for each meeting for travel support is maximum of  $4,000.
Covered travel expenses may include conference-related airfare, visas or
related fees, lodging, and airport taxis. If the actual cost of these items
is greater than $2,000 the member will be responsible for the difference.
NCUC cannot provide a per diem or cover any other expenses.  Selected
travelers must make their own travel, accommodation,visa, and related
arrangements and be reimbursed after the trip. NCUCcannot provide funds in
advance of the meeting, or any administrative support.

Interested members should read carefully the terms and conditions of the
policy available at http://www.ncuc.org/participate/ncuc-travel-support/ and
send a proposal as to why they should receive funding to attend this ICANN
meeting. Please apply by replying to this email.

Best regards,