[NCUC-EC] Reallocation of IGF slot

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Fri Oct 9 08:04:58 CEST 2015

Hi

Jia He and Stefania both agreed to serve as rapporteurs and remote moderators on the two NCUC workshops at IGF.  We voted to give the travel slot to Jia on the grounds of strengthening the engagement of a newish young member from China.  But now it looks like she cannot attend.  I think we should therefore transfer the slot to Stefania, who otherwise has no funds to attend.  I am going to assume this is ok with everyone since this was our second choice prior, she’s on the program, we need her there, and Constituency Travel is dealing with the arrangements as we speak so I need to notify them immediately.  I assume all here can accept this solution.

Stefania, the original plan was that you and Jia would each rapporteur one session and do remote participation for the other.  We can probably find replacement remote moderators from the pool of folks floating around (I’d really appreciate your help with that) but replacing a rapporteur is harder, it needs to be a NCUC member who understands the issues and can write up a summary quickly.  So I would ask that you rapporteur both sessions,

https://www.intgovforum.org/cms/wks2015/index.php/proposal/view_public/52 <https://www.intgovforum.org/cms/wks2015/index.php/proposal/view_public/52> Day 2 14:00-15:30

https://www.intgovforum.org/cms/wks2015/index.php/proposal/view_public/50 <https://www.intgovforum.org/cms/wks2015/index.php/proposal/view_public/50> Day 3 9:00 - 10:30  (this is a change, they had us at 4pm before which is better, will inquire)

Is that ok?  Let me know and I’ll write to CT.

Thanks

Bill

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Jia He <hejia925 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: IGF 2015: Remote Participation trainings scheduled
> Date: October 9, 2015 at 5:04:02 AM GMT+2
> To: William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch>
>
> Hi, Bill,
>
> I would like to move my sponsor fund to Stefania. Even though my company have approved me to go to IGF, while a headache news just came out yesterday that World Internet Conference (WIC) will be delayed just after IGF meeting. So at this moment, I am ready headache about how to combine them together. Because my global CEO will come to WIC and I have to prepare the speech, arrange meetings etc for him in advance.
>
> Meanwhile, I can understand how important Stefania join in IGF. For our NCUC, I hope our workshop will be very much successful. If any possible, I would like to move the opportunity to Stefania.  My Brazil Visa is on the application process, if the opportunity moves to Stefania, I will inform embassy to stop it.

[snip]