[NCUC-EC] URGENT: ICANN Buenos Aires Meeting

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Thu Mar 12 09:41:52 CET 2015

Hi

> On Mar 11, 2015, at 11:39 PM, Glen de Saint Géry <Glen at icann.org> wrote:
>
> VERY URGENT REMINDER ! 12 March is DEADLINE !
> Thank you.
> Kind regards,

It is a bit difficult to make final determinations and notify staff of NCUC covered travelers without some discussion and agreement within the EC.  Could we please do this today?  We have two slots (not counting the chair's, who has to go), three EC members (Peter, Grace and Stefania) who’ve expressed interest in attending, and had no discussion of whether we might consider anyone else for this, i.e. our reps on the NCSG EC (Robin and Tapani) and PC (Matt and Joy), as well as any regular members who are actively engaged in working groups and such.

Happily, Milton and Matt Shears have laterally informed me that they have funding to attend via their IANA and accountability work.  I don’t know what the situation is with the others mentioned.  Rafik, could you please inform us as to whose being covered with the available NCSG slot, or any WG slots (does Robin get one from accountability)?  And whether you’ve discussed with the others their plans?

I guess a bottom line consideration here might be, who does NCUC need to have at a meeting because of their activities undertaken on our behalf?  We have set that standard in the Travel Policy for member applications for funding via NCUC; should we also apply it to ourselves?  As far as I know it has never been the NCUC practice that slots automatically go to the EC members solely by virtue of them being elected.  Which is not to say that EC members shouldn’t be given slots, they usually have been, but one would think that the decision should be the result of a global strategic assessment of NCUC’s needs, no?

Let’s please resolve this now, Glen has sent multiple escalating reminders and I don’t like having to always blow her off with “we’re working on it.”

Thanks

Bill