[NCUC-EC] URGENT -- NCUC support -- response to Westlake Draft Report

Milan, Stefania Stefania.Milan at EUI.eu
Mon Mar 2 15:31:42 CET 2015

Dear EC

In response to the Westlake report, which so poorly portraits the NCUC work and membership, Ed and I (with the collaborations and corrections of so many other members) have prepared the attached letter.

There is a consensus (and I totally agree) that it should be sent on behalf of the EC, given we act on an elected mandate from our membership.

So far, on another thread, Grace, Peter, Roy and myself have expressed support for this move.

We should, however, reiterate the support on this list. So, from now on (and till this evening) we will be collecting individual support from each of you/us.  Please do so at soon as possible.

So, here is my support, Stefania :-)

----------------------
Stefania Milan, PhD
Data J Lab || Tilburg University, the Netherlands || datajlab.nl ||
The Citizen Lab || Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto || citizenlab.org ||
Internet Policy Observatory || Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania || globalnetpolicy.org ||
European University Institute || www.protestsurvey.eu/ ||
Center for Media and Communication Studies, Central European University || www.cmcs.ceu.hu ||
International Association for Media and Communication Research - International Council member and Co-Chair, Communication Policy Task Force || www.iamcr.org ||
Executive Committee, Non-Commercial User Constituency, ICANN
mobile: [31] 62 7875 425 (NL) || [1] 647 - 973 - 6533 (CA) || [+39] 333 - 2309945 (I)
stefaniamilan.net || @annliffey

fingerprint: 7606 4526 3D24 20B2 C850  EA42 A497 CB70 04B5 A3B

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.