[NCUC-EC] Blog comments

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Wed Jul 22 09:17:12 CEST 2015

On Jul 22 03:50, Milan, Stefania (Stefania.Milan at EUI.eu) wrote:

> The comment function is an option, already built-in the CMS.
> It simply has to be enabled, if we so desire.

Before enabling it, some thought should be given to dealing
with spam as well as abusive and non-relevant messages.

You'd need moderators (at least two, to cope with vacations &c) and a
moderation policy (guidelines to moderators, what kind of messages
should and should not be allowed, how fast they should react and how
they should coordinate between each other).

Unmoderated commenting generally works only with authenticated users.
It could be allowed for NCUC members, but setting up accounts for
them would take significantly more work.

--
Tapani Tarvainen