[NCUC-EC] Some impressions and ideas do NCUC - Part1 - Veterans x Newcomers

João Carlos Rebello Caribé caribe at entropia.blog.br
Fri Jan 23 19:21:42 CET 2015

Dears,

I'm pleased to present you some words about my vision and experience about NCUC's communication and the concerns shared and observed on our Jan 11th D.C morning meeting, also along the others meetings. There are three parts: Part1 - Veterans x Newcomers ; Part2 - Lack of Engagement and Part3 - Online communication.

1) Veterans x newcomers
I think NCUC's stakeholder, highlighting the USER, will often confront the less prepared newcomer than other stakeholder. Endorsing the Walid proposal, we need to focus on this issue.

On all interactions, by mailing list, Skype and also on the face meetings, some discussions are difficult to participate simply because some participants don't know your status update, e.g. IANA Stewardship. Other difficult is related to acronyms used and some structural and contextual issues of the subject in focus.

However is too boring to veterans often explain some subject, and will be terrible see one exhaustive discussion reopened by one beginner uninformed.

We can't stop NCUC to allow beginners to come a board, the discussions need to move forward, fast and consistently, and is impossible to keep this goal and lower down the discussion level.

It's frustrating and is not recommended to lower the level of debate, in order to facilitate the boarding for newcomers, but there is options:

a) Keep online record on the status update of NCUC subjects, also the description of subject.
b) Build one FAQ (Frequently Answered Questions) - easy and simple
c) Tutorial team - Create one group of veterans that can and wanna to help and guide newcomers.
d) Develop one newcomers guide - who, when, where, what  and Acronyms survival guide ( http://quizlet.com/subject/ICANN/ )
e) Capacity Building through of http://learn.icann.org
Newcomer are seeking for the acceptance of the group
f,g,h)???

--
João Carlos R. Caribé
Consultor