[NCUC-EC] Tasks and planning

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 00:17:56 CET 2015

Hi farzaneh,

Thanks for the comments,

> Hello Rafik
>
> As to EC meeting in Morocco,  I will not be attending in person,  might be
> able to make it in person
>
> I am not sure to understand here, are you saying that you will be able to
attend remotely?
for EC meeting, I was thinking about a breakfast session or morning
timeslot, in a day to TBC and avoiding to clash with any accountability
session.

> We (Ed Sarah and I) might be able to publish a report on ICANN DIDP is it
> possible to put a request for that if it is finalised on time? Is it also
> possible to ask if the ncuc members have something current and related to
> ncuc and the pressing issues related to icann  that they want to publish?
>
> the deadline for printouts ready with design and so on is 5th February, if
we are requesting help for the design, we have to send content by 10th
January. I guess that is doable to get the DIDP report if submitted by the
deadline design and content included (5th Feb).
I think the publication is about NCUC related material and content for
example posters etc for outreach purpose.
 are you suggesting that we printout more reports etc?
I will check with the staff for communication because we have the limits of
the allocated budget (for example printing some pages for handouts during
NCUC session may be possible in situ and handled by Maryam while something
well-designed and more professional looking material need to be shipped)

> So far I have only received the electronic version of the invitation for
> LA.  It might be sufficient.

I will send reminder to ICANN staff. travel constituency will be back in
4th Jan and we will have just one month to get our travel details arranged,

> As to special financial request,  are we going to  issue a call to NCUC
> members for proposals and initiatives as well?

I would think that EC should take the lead here and each EC member work on
drafting one request at least. myself I am thinking to propose several
requests based upon previous ones and also seeing what other groups did (I
will also work on financial request to support our GNSO staff proposals for
community support we are currently getting ).

we should make such drafts in coming weeks and then possibly consulting and
asking for inputs. just issuing a call to NCUC membership may be not enough
to entice feedback (or just throwing some ideas which still have to be
worked out by the EC at the end).
so let's work on some proposals and then see if we can get comments and
support for them. we have also to be aware about the program limitations,
for example requests for extra travel support for ICANN meetings tended to
be rejected by ICANN finance team.
I am thinking if we should ask the ICANN Finance staff for a confcall here
to understand more the process and constraints to be effective?

> As to the agenda for our meeting I would like to discuss the following:
> 1. CROPP, how we assign it to individuals how we should improve it and how
> it actually works. (it seems like each region gets one slot for the year I
> don't know much but I also would like to discuss the evaluation of projects
> when we receive them)

+1

> 2. Updating the website regarding what EC does.  I think it would be good
> to have a brief description of our duties what we do etc.  And I suggest a
> process illustration of ncuc governance structure.  How we make public
> comments etc.
>
> yes. also having more content about policy issues for example. btw I am
not sure that we get the reports/posts for those who get  the NCUC  travel
funding for Dublin meeting

> 3. Allocation of travel slots to ec members. I think EC members should
> also justify their request for travel and if it is not critical for them to
> attend the meeting the funding should go to other active ncuc members.
>
> Ok.

> 4. Bylaws amendment.  I suggest inviting Arun and see where we r at and
> where we want to go.
>
>  I reached Arun last week. one idea is to resume the discussion in the
dedicated list (maybe having a confcall soon) and then sharing that in main
NCUC list. we got the google doc including several comments, we have to
work more there.

> Thanks.  I'll get back to you about the intersessional agenda.
>

> Thanks,

Best,

Rafik